Monday, December 6, 2010

Fam in Florence: part three.

Time to wrap up what probably seems to you like the long-lasting saga of my parent's visit to Florence! The study abroad gods really do not allot time for blogging! ;]

The day after our roadtrip, the parents and I kept it local. I couldn't wait to show them all around Florence! We rose bright and early to climb the dome of the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore, or the Duomo. At four hundred and sixty-three steps, it is quite a treck - but the view is worth it!


Replicas of Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise on the Florence Baptistry next to the Duomo.

Making the ascent!

From the stairways inside the Duomo.

View of the Basilica from the dome.

View of Florence from the top of the Duomo!

Palazzo Vecchio from the top of the Duomo.

Basilica di Santa Croce from the top of the Duomo.

View of Giotto's Campanile - the bell tower.


It's a family affair.

Glamour shot!



And a final shot of the basilica after climbing down.

Afterward, we were FAMISHED! So we went to I Due Fratellini, an adorable little establishment that is, quite literally, the size of a closet.

Parents lovin' sandwiches.

That night, my host family (and roomie) were gracious enough to welcome my parents to dinner. Mara prepared a delicious meal and, far and away, the absolute best tiramisù (which I've learned means "pick-me-up" in Italian) I've ever had. :] Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos. But it was great. Here are a few before-shots (and that's just as well - we were stuffed afterward!).


My gorgeous parents!


And that just about wraps it up. The next day we spent museum-hopping, shopping and eating. It was so great to see my parents at just about the half-way point of my time abroad, and I feel so incredibly lucky to have been able to share my Florentine experience with them. :]

1 comment:

  1. It is seriously so cute to see how much of a mix you are of your parents!!! Seems like it is really fun for you to have them with you there.

    ReplyDelete

<3