Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cinque Terre: part one.

Last month, a few girls and I made the trip from Florence to the amazing beautiful Cinque Terre. We took the train to La Spezia and then hopped on another to a lovely little town called Levanto. Levanto is just north of the five towns for which the region is named. Our hotel was so quaint and its surroundings were even prettier than I anticipated! You don't typically think "beach" when you think Italy, but alas: there it was. I felt like I was in Hawaii, and I was loooving it.


Alyssa and Jackie on the train!

Claire and me. :]

Welcome to Levanto!

This was on the ceiling of our hotel room. Whaaat? Amazing.

Equally amazing... Behold: my bed. They literally cranked up the top cushions of a couch to reveal this little lair.

The view from our window.

We wandered down toward the beach and were greeted by this gorgeous scene.





Alyssa, Claire and me.

Alyssa, Jackie and Claire.

Not pictured: the old man in a Speedo who would soon come into frame. ;]

That night before dinner, we had an awesome experience - we got the opportunity to watch a lightening storm over the ocean. It was truly breathtaking. Check it!


Levanto by night.


Isn't that splendid?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

<3