Monday, February 21, 2011

Valentine's Day.

It might be a commercial holiday, but I just can't say no to flowers, hearts, chocolates and celebration!


A beautiful bouquet from my funny Valentine.



This Valentine's Day I decided to make a little dinner for my sweetheart and two of our favorite people: my parents. :]




Then there was the question of the menu... But what better to serve on Valentine's Day than food from the country where I left my heart? So Italian it was!


A primo: risotto. Making risotto also means standing over a hot stove for about half an hour making sure it cooks correctly. :P

Finished, con spinaci.

The secundo was [Americanized] pappa al pomodoro, a Tuscan bread soup.

A contadino: piselli con cipolla - peas in the Italian style with onion, garlic and olive oil.

Mandarini for dessert...

And poor-excuse-of-gelato al biscotto. ;] Gosh, I miss Italian gelato!


E and I also observed Valentine's Day this weekend with a breakfast trip to the restaurant where we had our first date almost three years ago! So crazy!


He is so silly. And I adore him. :]

1 comment:

<3