Monday, December 13, 2010

An American in Paris: part one.

One of my life goals was to one day make it to Paris, France. Well, my friends: mission accomplished! My weekend there last month was nearly all I'd dreamt it would be, aside from the sinus infection that plagued me the entire duration of our trip. Nonetheless, it was such an experience to remember - practically of my friends were there with me! A good amount of them had been to Paris before, so they played tour guides for the less-traveled, like yours truly.


The Seine!


Turns out the practice of putting a lock near a bridge and throwing the key into the water is also done outside of Italy!

Saw some amazing impressionist pieces at the Musée D'Orsay.

You can't tell, because it is fall - but this is the Jardin des Tuileries.


Passing under the Musée du Louvre.





The contrast of the old palace with the incredibly modern entrance is a striking. I can't decide if I like it or not.

Claire and me.

Me, Jackie and Claire.

Look at how beautiful this place is - and massive, too.

I thought Florence's Galleria degli Uffizi was large, but the Louvre is nearly triple that size.

It houses over 35,000 pieces of art!

Venturing in.



Cupid and Psyche.


The "Venus de Milo."

The "Winged Victory of Samothrace."




I don't know what this is. Just kidding.

"Victory Leading the People."

Came out of the Louvre to find that the already beautiful building is even more stunning at night!


Saw some street art! Cos Paris is virtually teeming with it.

Spotted some work by Space Invader, says my brother.

After dinner at the cutest little steakhouse (salad, bread, steak and french fries are the only dinner items on their menu!), we got easily the most delicious crepes I've ever tasted.

<3 Alex and Zoe! <3

:]

No comments:

Post a Comment

<3